Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Spring is springing

Spring hasn't quite sprung, that will happen on the 21st... but ooooh baby I can feel it coming. I know it's bad when even my mom is telling me how warm it is, and suggesting I take the bus home instead of walking the 15 minutes. Trust me, it's crossed my mind before - but the bus wouldn't even take me to my house, and it's obviously not free, so we'll see if I end up folding and checking it out! Prayers would be appreciated as our whole group takes on the heat wave that is surely heading our way. Natives have warned us time and time again, that April and May could in fact kill us. I think they were exaggerating, but it will be unbearably hot!! I know, I know, why am I complaining as the Midwest braces itself for more snow, but in reality we all know how the heat can drive people nuts! Just hoping we all stay safe!! Even walking home after dance class at 9 I was sweating... a little comical, a little crazy.

Today we were back at classes after our long weekend of traveling. Ana could tell we were all exhausted in Spanish class as we weren't quite as quick or responsive. I snapped out of the funk once I got back home and became incredibly productive!!! I completed an essay that was assigned as Spanish homework for tomorrow, finished a different essay that's due for Spanish after Spring Break (but knew I'd be smart to get it done now), did some other odds and ends for classes, and crossed many other things off of my to-do list! It felt so good :) I was just around the house today - My mom and I decided we need to have a pancake breakfast of some sort seeing as we have six containers of Canadian maple syrup that the different students have given as host gifts. Also uploaded pictures in a separate blog post, so take a look at those if you missed them!

Finally got back to movin' and groovin' tonight with dance class after our missed class last week! We were a tad rusty, but got back into the swing of things pretty quick, and hit the ground running with yet another new dance! Veronica is learning to love us - our high energy and insanity are growing on her I think!

Now just two hours of Spanish class tomorrow and SERÉ LIBRE (I will be free!!) as Spring Break starts!!! My finalized plans include a Monday through Saturday stay on the beautiful and relaxing (so I've been told, by multiple people) Isla Holbox (which I can rarely say right... I really feel like I'm saying it just like the Mexicans, but apparently not) with Emily Sullivan! Looking forward to the get away and seeing yet another new part of Mexico! More details to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment