Saturday, March 26, 2011

Fiesta at Central

This weekend is on fire!!! Meaning, it's been a good one - lots of fun and activity!! This morning I went early to the beach! A good sized group was there, once everyone showed up! The nine of us spent a good chunk of time in the actual water, since the sun was the hottest I have ever felt it at Progreso!! Craziness! I left to come home and Skype with my family! Both sides were together, celebrating my mom and uncle's birthday!! It was good to talk with them, and nice for them to see me! Makes me miss not being able to be there, but glad for technology that I'm able to talk with everyone so easily! I made sure someone promised to eat a slice of cake for me :) I spent the afternoon working on a few homework things! This evening it was a super fun time at the Central House. Nine of us were around the house, and we just hung out and spent time all together! It's rare that on a weekend such a large group is all in the same place, so that was fun! Some people made homemade macaroni and cheese, then we just sang our little hearts out, and danced along, to any song that came to mind. Poor Pancho, the doorman, who had to listen to our horrid voices :) The evening included Katelynn and I demonstrating some of our newest dance class moves while others ate. Dinner AND a show, wow! We're seeing if Chanhassen Dinner Theaters is hiring! When we all hang out together like that, it's sooooo wonderful, but the fact that May 8th will be here so soon, always comes up in conversation! Everyone is so sad to even think about the idea of us leaving and going back to our perspective homes and schools. We've all become like a family, truly, and saying goodbye and leaving our Mexican life will be so so so sad. I continue to be so thankful for this group that God has placed me in, and the relationships that have been formed. Even Val says how impressed she is by the way our group gets along. It's rare that a group of sixteen students will mesh so well, be so inclusive, and face so few problems! Makes the time here so much more enjoyable!

No comments:

Post a Comment