Made another trip to Sol y Luna today!!! Painted some more of the Bambi mural, when we weren't being distracted by two new friends! One is the son of a staff member, the other a brother of a kid who attends therapy - both cute, both chatty, both funny. Both also fascinated with watching Katelynn and I paint today. They made our time more fun and interesting - playing games with us, saying "Thank you" and other short phrases that they know in English, and asking us a few too many times when we were going to paint this, that, or the next thing in the painting. The answer was always, "I don't know, we'll have to see when we finish this part, let's just be patient!". Towards the end, Dante (a boy who attends physical therapy) came over, became mesmerized by watching us paint, and soon was defiant as his mom explained it was time to leave. She tried the "Alright, I'm leaving then, see you tomorrow" trick, but nothing pulled him away until she physically moved him. Who knew our work would draw such a crowd??? Let's face it - they just liked Bambi and the bright colors.
Getting back into my routine this week along with rising temperatures has worn me out - so it was siesta time! I rarely take those anymore, so it was a momentous occasion! Finished some homework and hung around home! Since Katelynn's family was in town, we missed ice cream on Monday (gasp), so we made up for it today! The workers at our little shop had missed us - or at least that's what we like to think! Hung around the Central House a bit tonight before dance class. Gotta say - we are getting good!! Veronica is the greatest - so much fun with us during class, and so sweet and caring! We started learning a new African/Cuban dance today and yikes... A tad too quick and difficult after having a week off. We have some practicing to do!! After class when I was talking with Veronica I asked her if I could have a copy of the CDs to get the music for our dances. She gave me the CDs for the week, so I'll get them on my computer and then I'll be golden. We can practice all day, every day... or at least jam to the Mexican beats while walking to school :) Veronica has written on the CD "Master Salsa" - but watch me become the Salsa Master!
No comments:
Post a Comment