Today a few of the Spanish classes got together and watched El Estudiante, a wonderful film that I would highly recommend!! I don't know if they offer it with English subtitles or not though, but it captures a man in his upper 70s or maybe 80s who goes back to take classes at a university, and how he forms relationships with a small group of students. Really enjoyed it, and a fun break from the usual class mode! My professor, Ana came up to me before class and asked if I was surviving the heat, and she emphasized how much hotter today would be (high of 106). I said I was making it, but she asked if I would like a ride home, and I couldn't turn down that offer! So after class she took me home in her air conditioned car :) What a life saver - I was so appreciative! She used to live near my house, so we took a detour to see her old home!
This afternoon my mom was gone at a educational workshop, so I had the house to myself! I made some lunch and just relaxed around home, watched an episode of TV, practiced for my Spanish oral presentations (the topic is my spring break on Isla Holbox), Skyped my friend Jacoby, and took a little siesta! Then Katelynn and I went to get ice cream today, since we didn't on Monday (wouldn't want to miss a week :)). It was busy, since it's such a warm day! I got my coconut ice cream in a cone instead of the usual dish... but then realized I maybe shouldn't have done this on the hottest day yet, but delicious nonetheless! We also tried the coco agua fresca... Good stuff, and very refreshing on a day like today! We walked to the Central House and worked on our songs for the play after!
Tonight at dance was sweatttttttty, but so fun! Veronica was cracking up at everything and anything we said or did, I don't know why she finds us so funny? :) We are moving quick, but I enjoy the exercise, laughs, and the whole rhythm of being back in dance! I got home and headed straight for the shower. I took a cold shower, but still, within 30 seconds (literally) of being out, I was wet with sweat. Bummmmmer. The weather predicts a bit of a "cool" down, with some rain coming, which I would love, but now things are maybe changing... who ever knows with the weather? What I do know, is it's time for me to hit the hammock!
No comments:
Post a Comment