Today I slept in - and oooooh baby did it feel good! Took it slow this morning, catching up with my mom, taking care of some e-mails, and uploading pictures to my computer!! A home-cooked meal this afternoon was delicious and even better after a week of not always eating balanced meals. However no ice cream here :) (Good thing tomorrow is my weekly ice cream trip!) My mom and I watched Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, and I don't know if it's the fact that it's translated in Spanish, or what, but my mom was really confused, and thought it was four movies stuffed into one! Later today I headed over to the Central House - where I discovered 10 of the 16 people in our group all working on homework and comparing Spring Break stories! A little funny as everyone scrambled to complete their assignments and such! I had finished my homework before leaving for the island, so I just hung out for a bit! A very lazy day with not much to report! I must say it's much noisier here in Mérida than Isla Holbox, no surprise - but my usual walk to Central and back had missed me I think, and I missed it a little too! Skyped with my family and now I'm getting ready to go to bed early! The group is headed on an optional (but most people are going) trip to Dzibilchaltun, about 30 minutes away, to observe a sight that only happens twice a year, during the two equinoxes. For the Spring equinox we will observe the sight below. It's a site of Mayan ruins so maybe we'll get to explore those a bit as well. The bummer is we'll leave Central at 5am! I'm getting good at these early mornings though :) Hopefully I'll have a cool picture or two to post tomorrow! Have a wonderful start to your weeks!
No comments:
Post a Comment