Where is the old man who's snoring? No, it wasn't purple rain. There wasn't a bridge over my troubled waters. And I surely wasn't singing in the rain. Spring Break began with a bang... of thunder and lightning! Today I celebrated the start of Spring Break with a pedicure!!! Surely not Salon Junallo, but can't beat the price of 90 pesos, or 7.50 USD and they did a really nice job!!! There's a salon that Val recommended to all of us upon our arrival that she goes to frequently (so we can trust it). I went with a hot pink to prepare for the beach :) Emily and I went together and as we were being pampered a huge rain storm rolled in - the power went out for a bit - but the downpour kept up! We waited a while for it to die down and darted back to the Central House, where were were greeted by flashlights and lanterns - as the power went out, and remained out for quite some time! Then it was time for the walk home. Good thing #1 - rain means it's cooler which equals no sweating. Good thing #2 - the rain stopped before I left to start walking. Not so good thing #1 - The drains either don't work, or don't exist here in Mérida which meant small lakes up to knee deep on many corners, and streets. Not so good thing #2 - Due to the lakes, and wanting to avoid them, I zig-zagged my way home so it took a little longer! Survived the voyage to find out water had entered our house under some of the doors (as they aren't completely sealed like in the States), but that was quickly cleaned up!
Now people begin to head out for their different trips and excursions! Most people are going in groups of two or three - and many people have family or friends coming to visit this week! Tonight some of us had a mini dance party at the Central House and then headed to a restaurant with Kayla's fiancé who got in to Mérida last night. Live salsa music makes for some added fun! After we took a walk on the Paseo and enjoyed the cooler evening!
Side note, daylight savings time begins this weekend in the US, but it does not start here in Mexico until April 3rd. This means there will be a one hour difference between here and the midwest. Something I'll surely forget, but fortunately it's not for too long, and it's not that big of a deal!!
No comments:
Post a Comment