Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Unforgettable friends

Ok I guess it wasn't just a Monday thing - all of us continued to be so tired during class today!! Today as Sol y Luna was an interesting day. The kids were not cooperating, or wanting to participate at all! We had kids falling asleep, kids eating paper, kids throwing things, kids making outbursts, kids spilling water, kids smearing hair gel everywhere, kids having accidents, kids driving us all a little nuts :) But I love these kids! The fact of the matter was they were all worked really hard at physical therapy today, so by the time they started their classroom time, they had already checked out for the day! So us staff got to work on patience, persistence, and are now very efficient at saying the words/phrases "no" "deja que solo" and "dime cuando quieres trabajar". Not every day can be perfect! 

Spent the afternoon at home, got some homework done, then got to Skype my friend Amelia!! I was able to see the beautiful weather that the Midwest is experiencing - although I hear snow is headed that way again... :( Then it was back downtown for La Academía where I had all my students in attendance for English classes! We talked about traditions and customs around the Easter season, their plans for vacation, attempted to help them understand who/whom, and sports! I love these people - so friendly, so fun, so excited to learn! I know I say this every week... but seriously they amaze me!!

This Friday begins the two week Mexican vacation for Semana Santa and Semana de Pascua. The country gets two weeks off for Holy Week and Easter - when much of the city shuts down, closes, and heads to the beach!! My students and kids are all excited, but I'm a little sad, as I won't see them now for two weeks, and when they're finally back in session, it will be May and I'll only have one more Tuesday with them all. Time is flying.

This evening I got to Skype my family with my aunt Cheryl (visiting from CA/Mexico) there! I told her how weird it was to be talking to her while she's in the US and I'm in Mexico - it's usually the other way :) Here are the pictures I took tonight with my English classes!

David, Alejandra, Me, Marilú, Leslie
Mariana, Me, Mónica, Rosario

No comments:

Post a Comment