- Los tiempos de aflicción exponen nuestro corazón (Nos damos cuenta de la necesidad de Dios)
- The times of affliction expose our heart (We realize the necessity of God)
- En tiempos de aflicción es cuando mejor se aprende a orar
- En times of affliction is when we best learn to pray
- La oracíon es un reconocimiento de nuestra propia insuficiencía y la total suficiencía de Dios
- Prayer is a reminder of our own insufficiency and the total sufficiency of God
- En tiempos de aflicción, Dios es nuestra porción de gozo
- In times of affliction, God is our portion or source of joy
- El propósito de la aflicción es que ensalcemos su nombre
- The purpose of affliction is to let us exalt His name
Good stuff, and definitely what I need to reflect on when I face trials and tribulation, and my first instinct is sometimes to ask God to remove it!
I spent the afternoon around home until I headed to Starbucks to work on some homework with a friend! Air conditioning = <3. On the way, something happened that has been three months in the making! I have mentioned him before, but a block away from my house there is a security guard for a private house which I pass everyday. It's the same gentleman always working there, and he always so kindly greets me and says hi. I guess I don't know why I haven't stopped earlier to chat with him but it's never worked - until today! Luis Enrique is his name! I got to explain to him that I'm an American student living here, etc etc etc. He had guessed I was from Canada. So I talked with him a little bit - he whipped out that Spanish like it was nobody's business - SO fast, but I was able to catch up for the most part. Challenged me to think fast!! After studying at Starbucks we had play practice - and we learned the choreography for the songs in it! A successful day indeed! Who knew our group had so much talent?? :)
When I returned home, the two women Canadian teachers were here, and we talked for quite a bit. In English, I will admit... But they started it :) They want to look over their schedule and see if there is ever a day I would be able to/want to come with them and their students on one of the excursions! Why not? One of the ladies staying here is in charge so she said "Of course you can come along, I make the rules!" It was really sweet of them to invite me - and hopefully it will work out! They're having some trouble with students (high schoolers) not really digging the experience, so they want me to change their minds, since hearing from a college student is sometimes easier than their own teachers... No easy task, but I'm up for the challenge! We'll see if it all pans out, with my own busy schedule I'm not sure!
Today I embraced two of my Sunday traditions here. El Pollo Rico for lunch, and watching Los Pequeños Gigantes at night. This show is the GREATEST. It's sort of like a talent search show, for little kids. And absolutely amazing. It's very comedic, impressive, and entertaining! This is the website, and I linked it to the page with the kids' profiles: Los Pequeños Gigantes. Scroll down to check out Ana Celeste Montalvo - she is my favorite! So sassy!! Her talent is charisma - that should be enough information :) My mom and I say she's a teenager trapped in a seven year old's body.
No comments:
Post a Comment