I slept in today - much much needed!! I was quite sore when I woke up, no surprise after all that I did yesterday! I guess that's expected when you slide down a rocky slope. Nothing a little ibuprofen can't fix!! Today my mom had a friend over so I talked with them a while and then I hit the books to finish some homework! This next week I have my finals, last projects/presentations, etc. With only four days left of class, it will be busy! As well as our internships/volunteer jobs being back in operation, now that the nation on vacation has to go back to reality! I'm sure it's going to be so so busy - with not only school, but then trying to fit in final activities, saying goodbyes, dealing with all the emotions, and packing all our bags. I'm realizing I've accumulated a few things throughout the semester... we'll see how I get everything to fit! Sadly two girls will be going home earlier than everyone else. They have been really ready to go home for the last few weeks, and have been having a hard time with not being home, so they changed their flights to leave Thursday instead of Sunday! It's a bummer because once they leave we'll be done with class and just hanging out/having last hoorays, but I guess it's what the needed to do. So our time is really ticking now.
So I finished all the homework, tidied up the room a bit, Skyped Sarah, and watched a movie with my mom!
Late this afternoon I was headed to meet up with friends, and instead of going to the Central House and taking the bus, it was more convenient to take the bus from closer to my house by myself. I am so used to getting on any green or yellow bus that passes me, that I failed to look at the list of places written on the windshield of where this particular one went, thinking it would be no problem. I soon learned this was a problem. I was on the wrong but and going who knew where? Most buses all end up eventually going downtown, so I had that peace knowing I'd get somewhere familiar (eventually). But how soon, I didn't know. I kept riding and kept riding, we were somewhere I have never seen, and we went on a highway which I thought was odd. After about a half hour I ended up being the only one left and at this point the drive was I think a little worried as to why I was still on his bus - but I asked him if we were going to be passing by Calle 60 (closer to where I needed to be/essentially where I got on). He said yes, so at that point I knew I'd be okay, and not have to go all the way downtown either. I literally got off the bus a block away from where I got on - but nothing like a 45 minute tour of a new side of town for only 50 cents! Luckily I wasn't on a time crunch to meet my friends! But hey, this was the first time I'd gotten on the wrong bus - and with only a week left, that's not bad!
So I finally went got to Gran Plaza (a mall) where we walked around, some people shopped, and enjoyed the crazy activities that were there due to it being Día de los Niños (Children's Day) in Mexico. We went to the mall to see the movie Agua para Elefantes (Water for Elephants). I haven't read the book, but I really really enjoyed the movie! A fun and new thing to do this evening, and air-conditioned. Dare I say, we even got cold while we were in there! A lot of people have gone to movies in the past, but this was my first time here! You wouldn't believe the price... 31 pesos (just over $2.50). And this isn't some rundown theater, it's just as nice as any AMC theater, etc. Absolutely crazy! After the movie we as a group decided to walk home instead of catch a taxi! About a 45 minute walk, and we figured why zoom home in a taxi when we only have a week left of spending quality time, singing down the sidewalks of Mexico together?
No comments:
Post a Comment