Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Dance moves galore!

It's vacation time!!! Sort of - we don't have class for the rest of week, due to Semana Santa and the celebration of Easter approaching! After Spanish class as I was walking home I stopped and talk with Luis Enrique - the gentleman who is a security guard at the house down the block. His Spanish is sooooo incredibly fast and mumbly so I was struggling to keep up! Back at our house it seems so calm now that it's just my mom and I again! We enjoyed a tasty lunch of spaghetti and kibis, which I can't really explain - it's meat and other spices that are mixed and then sort of breaded, very tasty! This afternoon Katelynn and I went to La Gran Michocana (naturally) and had ice cream and agua frescas :) The man at this place seriously finds it hilarious every week when we come and ask him to tell us every flavor of everything... Oops. Maybe over the next two weeks we'll learn what things are! We had play practice again today - swell as usual! Then dance class, so I have had my fair share of dancing and excitement today!! What will I do back in the States when I don't have all this twirling, jumping, shimmying, and shaking to do? Good thing I have the soundtrack, I can keep performing! Veronica fell while we were rehearsing, causing quite a scare, but she got back up and went back into the dance moves! Can't believe we only have one more week until the recital... We better get memorizing the choreography quick! After I boiled eggs and tomorrow I will dye them - to bring a little American tradition to Mexico! Skyped my parents and hung out with friends! The internet is down at our house so I'm updating this quickly at school and now I'm headed home!

No comments:

Post a Comment