Ahhh a lovely day at the beach!!! Progreso was busier than I've ever seen it before - since it's vacation time many people and families have headed to the beach! Wowzers, all sorts of new stands, vendors, businesses were open, and I've never seen so many people in the water before! However it wasn't to the point of being uncomfortably crowded, I enjoyed the extra people watching, and all the cute kids running around! A fun group of us went and stayed into the early evening! The water was perfect - clearer than I've ever seen it (continues to get better as we work our way towards summer), although it still wasn't on the same level as the cenotes yesterday :) A good time had by all! We had a few sad moments thinking about our departure in just over three short weeks... We have to soak up all the sun while we can!!
This evening I was just around home - busy busy days has led me to just needing some time to relax and be away from constant activity!! The madness will ensue again tomorrow!
Tomorrow the plan is to go to Uxmal with the Canadians. They invited me to go along on their excursion to the Mayan ruins, so I'll take them up on the offer! It's fun because I've heard great things about this site, but Central didn't include it in our itinerary this semester! Having these visitors here is paying off :) It will be a long day! Possibly stopping at some caves on the way to Uxmal, visiting the ruins, then going to the hotel located right on the site to swim and eat, then going to the sound and light show which takes place at the ruins. I'm really excited!! I'll be so tired, but I'm glad I've been able to do these few small trips with the Canadians since I want to get to as much as I can before I leave! Tomorrow is one of my favorite Sundays of the year - Palm Sunday - I'm bummed to be missing a service where I can wave a palm around, but maybe I'll yank one off a palm tree anyways!
Um, April 16th? How is this month more than half over. I think I just wrote a blog where I was baffled that it was April 1st... Man, time flies.
No comments:
Post a Comment