Today I don't have much to report. I spent the entire day relaxing - which felt so good!
This morning I got up a little earlier to register for my Drake classes for the fall. I got into everything I wanted/needed - Praise the Lord for that answer to prayers! I was really nervous things wouldn't fall into place, but as always, God is sovereign. It's going to be a crazy full load, and surely a wake up call compared to this semester. I'm thankful for the summer months to prepare!! I'll be taking all of my classes in the field of psychology - so pretty intense. But it's exciting to see me begin to narrow my classes down into what I hope to do through my future career. I know I will learn a lot this fall and I look forward to that.
I napped in a hammock, watched Slumdog Millionaire with a friend, tried to beat the heat, and spent time talking with my host mom. This evening three Canadians arrived. This time it's high school teachers, and they will be staying for two weeks. Due to their fluency in Spanish, I'll be able to converse with them more than the previous students we had, but they have very busy schedules so I don't know how much I'll see them. This is more of a good thing in my opinion though! With only a month and one day left :( I want to soak up all the time with my mom as possible, and get that speaking experience with her!
Today I was paid a visit by a bunch of little ants (hormigas). Surprising that I haven't had a problem with them earlier. Ants are unavoidable here. They're everywhere and it's just something that isn't really gross here, or unusual, because they're hard to avoid. I hadn't had any in my room until today when I noticed quite a few in my bathroom and trailing to my desk. I had to clean them all out/kill them and then sprayed ant killer on them. Hopefully that does the trick. My mom felt bad, but I told her it was no problem, because it's not like it's her fault!! Since being here in Mexico I no longer find it odd to find ants trailing across the kitchen... In the States I'd freak out or find it disgusting... but here for some reason I don't flinch.
Just stayed in the evening, and plan to go to bed early! That will feel good, as I've had troubles falling asleep the last few nights. We have play practice in the morning, and then plan to head to the beach, so that will be plenty of activity for me!! TWINS OPENER TOMORROW!! I'm going to wear my Twins shirt to show my support :)
No comments:
Post a Comment