I'm spending the Spring semester in Mérida, México - the capital of the Yucatán state. I'll be taking classes, living with a host family, and becoming immersed in the Mexican culture! Follow me as I live out this exciting adventure and I'll keep you 'in the know' as I learn new things and go new places!
Thursday, February 3, 2011
It's the Weekend!
I'm trying to stay on top of things as much as possible, because remembering that I'm here for school is sometimes challenging - so I figure if I overachieve now, I'll be set for later! I stayed at Central after my Spanish class and finished most of my homework! After spending lunch and some of the afternoon with my mom I took a much needed siesta! I've been exhausted - probably because it's always go go go here, and my brain is taking in so much lately - and I've developed some sort of cold/sinus/congestion who knows what? Personally I don't see how this is possible when I'm drinking a glass of fresh squeezed Vitamin C every morning :) I then completed the rest of my homework for this weekend!!! So happy about that. I was able to Skype with my family tonight which was very nice, great to see their cyber-faces! A quick dinner before off to Central to just hang out with friends. There have been so many different stages in my life where I meet and become friends with people fast, and then look back and wonder how it all happened... Well this is one of those times! It's so refreshing that we're all comfortable with one another, sort of all like siblings (which makes Val our mom?? Poor lady...), and it's nice to know we can talk with everyone about challenges, experiences, and funny stories that accompany our time here! I'm am beyond thankful each day that God put together this group for me to be with while in Merida! It's a huge blessing and will make being away from home that much easier. Not much to report on but I've gotten in the habit of writing each night! Sorry, nothing too exciting! Oh, except I didn't get honked or whistled at once on my two trips between school and home today! I like to tell myself I must seem more like a local... but let's face it, they've probably just gotten bored! When my friends walked me home tonight we stopped at Oxxo (convenient store) for ice cream to have on the way back! Now I'll hit the hay for an overdue long night's rest as I listen to the sounds of the street that I've grown to love and rely upon as I fall asleep! To all you hard workers and students, the weekend is almost here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment