For lunch my mom went to a restaurant in our neighborhood to pick up un medio pollo, or half chicken. It's like a glorified KFC. Except I refuse to even compare it to what we have in the States. It's called Pollo Rico and it has a complete Mexican twist, as the meat comes with tortillas and fixings to make tacos... Because why would you just eat the chicken by itself? Crazy American traditions...
I'm very exhausted today, after all the time at the beach I think the sun sucked the energy out of me! Good news is I should be able to get to bed early tonight :) Then we're starting another week of school and adventures! Today marks the fourth week I've been here! It's crazy to think about all I've gotten to see and experience - I feel so blessed! Tonight I also started to sort through some things for Summer work - as I really hope to find something in Psychology, or related to what I'd like to do in a future career! Prayers would be appreciated as I work to get things in place from another country!!
This morning I stayed home from church and instead had a little 'church' of my own! I woke up to listen to worship music, spend some time in the Word, and listen to a message a friend had sent me! When you have the time listen to the song "Who Is Like You?" by Meredith Andrews. A particular line stuck out to me today, "The thought of You is baffling, my mind can't wrap around You" How true - God is often too big for us to even comprehend. A part of the message that stood out was when the speaker asked "What do you think God thinks when you sin?" No, he is not disappointed. There is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. All of the anger God could ever feel for anything we could ever do was exhausted ALL on Christ. He accepted it all, and God has nothing left for us except compassion. What a refreshing message to hear!
I watched the Latin American Music Awards with my mom tonight - I love checking out what she's watching because it's A. Interesting (usually) and B. (Usually) helps me with my Spanish! Juanes performed and won multiple awards... No big deal... just saw him live 3 weeks ago. And shout out to Ricky Martin, still goin' strong big guy! You've come a long ways since Livin' La Vida Loca! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment