Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Happy Wednesday!

I don't have much to report today - I had a wonderful day but nothing too out of the ordinary!!

After class I watched last week's Grey's Anatomy at Central and then headed home! I didn't have any homework today - so fantastic! I organized some things in my room then it was time for lunch. My mom and I had a really funny and in-depth conversation - which was most of all just cool for me to see that I was able to stay lucid for an hour and a half Spanish conversation with just me and one other person! We got talking about my host brother Diego, and his love life essentially! It was funny, and I think my mom started the conversation because she just needed someone to talk to about it!

Also on Monday two students will be coming to live at my house for a week and a half to two weeks. Patricia isn't sure on all of the details, but it's for a program she's hosted with before! It'll be two girls, and she's pretty sure they're in high school, she said in the past they've been like 15 or 16. They're here in Merida to more or less see the city, but also pick up a little Spanish. I'm thinking it's similar to what I did in Costa Rica for high school! It'll be fun to hopefully get to spend some time with them, maybe show them around, and have more people in the house! Glad they won't be here for too long either :) I guess I can share my mamita yucateca for a while though!

The rest of the afternoon I spent running a few errands, and witnessing my friends get haircuts out on the Central patio from Austin's cousin who is here visiting along with his parents! She's a stylist so some people lined up to get a trim!! Tonight dance was especially entertaining! Austin's mom, Becky and cousin, Mallory joined us, and his dad watched (laughed) on the sidelines. Veronica got a kick out of their participation. We learned a new dance, practiced our others (and I must say we are actually getting really good!!), and ended the night with 'I Will Survive' - in Spanish of course! This one was a riot, and included a time where we all had to do an individual dance in the center... our abs all got a special workout from laughing so much!!

Just Spanish in the morning then I'm done for the week and heading to the beach at Progreso! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment