Today I was able to sleep in a bit, which was MUCH needed! Got to Skype with my parents which was nice to see their faces! Then it was off to Progreso for day two of the sun and sand! Today I met up with Emily S. and her mom, and mom's friend who are here visiting for a week and a half! I got to have cotton candy on the beach, so needless to say it was a great day! It got a little creepy because in our last 5 minutes birds pooped first on Katelynn, then myself, and finally Emily! Katelynn got it the worst - on her face (Yikes!!). We then knew it was time to leave. During our time in Progreso today we found a really fun market, that we're excited to explore during a future trip - all sorts of fresh produce, flowers, handcrafts, etc! And we're going to the beach for a friend's birthday tomorrow so maybe I'll check it out then!! Three days of the beach in a row is never a bad thing!!
Fun little observation. Google will often change their homepage to signify an important person, event, holiday, etc - by depicting "Google" in something other than their usual plain colored letters. I realized this week that Mexico's are a totally separate operation from the US. So they change according to dates important in Mexico's history and culture... I'm learning new things when I go to search through the website, thanks Google! This was probably something obvious, that the US and Mexico wouldn't have an identical server, but creative nonetheless! On the same note, Google is very tricky, and it's impossible for me to search using English Google, because when I type in Google.com - I'm sent to Google.com.mx to search in Spanish. I think Val rigged all of our computers so we're forced to learn more :)
For your enjoyment:
 |
| Mexican Independence! |
 |
| Thanksgiving! |
 |
| Día de Los Muertos! |
 |
Ok, this one was for Australia, but it's cute and after
all my time at the beach, it seems appropriate! |
I'm loving my time here in Mérida so much, and it's going so quickly! Granted we have 11 weeks left, still it surprises me to think I've almost lived here a month! I know it's gotten bad when my friend Katelynn, who was homesick at first, and counting down the days until we
got to go home, is now sadly announcing how many weeks until we
have to go home. But let's not think about that yet - still learning so much about what this city has to offer, and soaking up all the adventures
Ooh and I received some more love from home today! Thanks Grama and Grampa! So far mail has taken right around two weeks to get here!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment