I'm still waiting to hear on who my host family is... not really sure what the hold up has been, but Val (the resident director) has been very occupied, and I'm hoping by the end of this weekend I'll know! I'm really excited to see who I'll be living with for the semester!
I've been procrastinating packing like crazy... I think I'm going to get a lot done, but other things come up and they always seem more exciting! This weekend will be crunch time. I've already made a Target stop today, and I know it is just the first of many (I feel invigorated when I walk into the sea of red shirts and khaki pants, hear the beeping of products being sold, and see the Valentines section in full stock... At least someone isn't procrastinating!).
Tomorrow... or today I suppose (Saturday) I'm off to the bank to exchange for some Pesos and square away all of the leaving-the-country account jumble.
With all the snow and cold we've had in MN today (or let's be honest... since November), I can confidently say I'm ready for the 79 and sunny weather that is expected in Merida today. Especially since that's the "coolest" (VERY intentional quotations) day all week.
The piles are mounting and will soon be in a suitcase!!! You will have a wonderful time experiencing the Mexican culture in a new and exciting way. We will miss you terribly but we are happy for you and this opportunity. We are enjoying these last days with you at home. We love you, Mom and Dad
ReplyDeleteThe target comment made me laugh out loud! Hope you have a great trip and I can't wait to hear all about it!
ReplyDelete