Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Voy a extrañar a mis amigos mexicanos

After two weeks off, this Tuesday really kept me busy and left me so tired!! I think my Spanish test went well today! Ana was reading our essays about passions as we took the test, and all of a sudden she was crying!! She told us how proud she was of us, how much she's going to miss us, what a sweet group we have been, and how she wants to send all of our papers to our parents to remind them of the wonderful kids they have! Not even trying to brag about us - this is just what she said :) We are all going to miss her SO much. Katelynn and I trekked over to Sol y Luna for our final day at our internship :( Unfortunately a lot of the kiddos weren't there (yesterday was a beach day so many of them were too tired today!) so we didn't get to say goodbye to everyone, but it was still a good day! More relaxed since they are readjusting after their two week vacation, but I read stories to Chaula and Perla, Katelynn helped make Mother's Day crafts with Chucho and Jessie, and we all played with Playdoh and instruments! Saying goodbye to Yare, one of the therapists, was super sad. She is the sweetest woman, with such a heart for the kids, and I'll really miss her! Katelynn and I promised her we'd be back one day, or she can always visit us! She thanked us for all of our time, care, and help this semester - it's hard because most of the kids can't remember you from week to week, so saying goodbye has a different meaning to them, but when Yare told Jessie that we wouldn't be coming back anymore because we have to go to our houses, she gave us the BIGGEST hugs! I'll miss those kids so so so so much!

My evening at the English Academy was good as well. Unfortunately the air conditioning wasn't working right so for the first class we were just dripping, but for the second class I moved us into the office where they also have air! It was David's birthday so I gave him a deck of MN playing cards as well as brought the cookies! Both classes loved the special treat :) It was also really sad saying goodbye to my seven students - in both of my classes we connected so well, got to talk a lot and learn about one another, and just always had a fun time! I'm really thankful for the Internet and Facebook to stay connected with them, but I'll surely miss them on Tuesday nights! Rosario slid me a letter at the end of class - and as I read it on the bus ride home I just kept smiling, she wrote the sweetest things and made me feel really good about the work I did this semester with them! After a round of hugs and Mexican kisses I said farewell - and they all wished me luck on my travels, summer work, and future schooling! Many of them told me individually to say hi to my family, just an example of how wonderful they are :)

At both Sol y Luna and La Academía de Inglés, people were asking me when I was coming back, or when we'd see each other next. So I guess as they saying goes, we can hope it's not a "goodbye", but just a "see you later"!

Had a quick time at home for dinner and talking with my mom! She told me if there's snow in Minnesota I don't have to go back, and that I can stay at our house :) How does that sound to everyone? Probably not so good to my American mom...! Just kidding, but she really can't wait to hear how I adjust when I hit that cold weather!

We had a late play practice tonight - and it was a riot. Seriously over this last week and a half the group has gotten closer and crazier than ever, which has been so fun! After a stressful patch we are all just loving each other (too much at times, when we are supposed to be concentrating...) and making these last days here some of the best! We laughed our way through the play, all curious how it will go on Thursday!

Tomorrow I'll have my last real day of Spanish class, and we'll be giving our final oral presentations, on our passions. Then at night we'll have our dance final/recital - which should be eventful :) Cannot believe we're almost done with classes!


Jessie and I in our own band!
Katelynn and the kiddies
Sign language : Time to eat!
Little rascal
Yaré
Physical therapy room
Some of the kids!
This is my best friend Óscar, but he wasn't there today so this is his wall photo
Sol y Luna <3
Walking to the bus from Sol y Luna
The type of bus I usually take!! I'll miss these.
Dress rehearsal for the play
Doing one of the dances!
Taking a bow

No comments:

Post a Comment