Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I like to move it, move it

Such a good day!!! I think I've been saying this everyday this week, if not the whole semester, but seriously! I could not be happier about the fun we've been having in our last week here! I got my two Spanish written tests back today and I did SO well! I gave my presentation and I think that went really well too! After I got done, I realized I had just given a presentation in Spanish... I've done Spanish presentations before, but this time once I finished I realized that I had been speaking "mindlessly" or without much effort - YEA! I wore my blouse from Chiapas today, and felt soooo native :) Lyndie leaves tomorrow to head home, so it was our last day as a full class, Ana gave us little gifts, and we ended up being in class for about a half hour longer, just talking, etc. I love our little group!!

Back at home I decided it was time to face reality, and begin packing. It's funny how much little things here and there add up over four months... I took most of my clothes out of my closets and drawers, and began making the big stack. A lot of us started this process today, so we were all talking later tonight about how sad it was, truly makes it more real! I think I'll be good with getting everything back... A few things will be staying here, and I've used up some things, so hopefully I'll come out even! Emily Sullivan is also heading back home tomorrow, and since her sister visited last week, she sent home a lot with her, so her suitcases have extra room! Emily lives in Ankeny, IA but her sister lives in Plymouth and she'll be visiting her the weekend after I return - so she offered to take some of my things!!! Lifesaver! I sent about twenty pounds of things with her, which will hopefully guarantee I'm not over the weight limit for my suitcase!

I was on the move today!!! At 4:45 I left my house to walk to Central. On the way I took pictures every so often to document my frequented path to school - I'll post them tomorrow (hopefully!). Got to school and a group of us headed to La Gran Michocana for ice cream/paletas/agua frescas! Walked back to Central and I practiced our dances with a few girls. Then it was time for the big "recital"! WE HAD SO MUCH FUN! First of all, we dominated our dances. On top of that success, everyone was just in a really fun mood, Val was there to watch us and was so impressed, and Veroníca let us do two extra dances at the end, plus a freestyle thing - which was reallllll entertaining :) Said goodbye to Veroníca - I'm going to miss her and her crazy moves so much!! We got a lot of pictures tonight though (thanks to Curtis who came to watch and was our photographer) and we have all sorts of memories to last a long time! Straight after dance class we had play practice (our final one!) where we danced/sang/and acted all over the place. We did so good tonight, I think we're more ready for tomorrow now! As I walked home at 9:45 I was worn out - that was five straight hours of exercise!

But not tired enough to "go out" with friends! We got real fancy tonight... Burger King. Some people wanted ice cream and that's a close place so a group of us met up there (I resisted the urge a) because I don't want to eat at American places and b) I give all my business to La Gran Michocana :)) I lugged my backpack full of things for Emily to take and then we had a really good time just chatting, saying goodbyes to Emily and Lyndie :( as well as trying to figure out how we'll all see each other in the future. I think a trip back to Mérida got the most votes!

Enjoy some pictures - hopefully if I have time tomorrow I'll post some more of random things I haven't uploaded yet! Last day of school tomorrow, and our musical!!

First hour Spanish class
Curtis, Me, Ana, Kaitlan, Lydnie
Ana - in our traditional blouses :)
Katelynn and I at La Gran Michocana - our friend who serves us every week!
La GM
My dance partner - Jamie 
DANCE CLASS!!!!
Veroníca's favorite pose for pictures
VERONÍCA!!
The beginning of Cha-cha-cha
Groovin'
Partner dance
We love dance
Leading freestyle!!
Gettin' down during freestyle
Sobreviviré (I will survive)
One last picture with the group!
At play practice - ready for the big day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment