It's time.
I write to you early in the morning, 4:14am on Sunday - and I need to write quick because the taxi will be here at 4:30!!
Today was a beach day - we soaked up our last bit of Mexican sun and really enjoyed ourselves! A lot of the day consisted of reminiscing and sharing stories. I will miss these people. I'll miss the beach. I'll miss a lot.
Once back home I scurried around to shower, pack final things, look around at my empty (and sad) room, and then chat shortly with my mom! We ate flan - one of my favorite things that she makes, and shared a goodbye! Loaded up all my bags into the little Volkswagen and off we went to Central. I nearly busted a wheel unloading, but hopefully it will survive the day of traveling! Said our goodbyes, so weird after sharing a home for four months, but what a time it has been! All good things, and I feel so blessed to have been with Pati while here. It was a very good fit!! Central was a little sad - everyone arrived after saying goodbyes to their host families, and we lugged in all of our luggage. We spent about an hour weighing things between two different scales, helping each other move things around to get under 50 lbs, or get all those souvenirs to fit :)
We went out to Los Trompos for dinner and then to a few of our favorite places from the semester - La Parranda and ChiliMoon. So much of the time was spent repeating "Remember when...."s about different fun stories and events throughout the semester here. It's obvious we've made lasting memories and such great friendships!! Got some last minute dancing in, and we got to a point where there was no more time to sleep - so off we'll go!
Val just got here, and we'll all load in a big taxi van to get to the airport. Pray for safe travels and smooth connections (as some students have barely an hour.... to go through customs, etc it could get tight). WOW I can't believe I'm saying farewell to Mexico and I'll soon need to say some tough goodbyes to amazing friends I've made. A big PRAISE GOD to all He's provided and allowed me to do this semester. I am truly, truly blessed! OH NO THE VAN IS HERE!!!!!
So,
It's time.
No comments:
Post a Comment