Are you sick of hearing how much fun I'm having??? Seriously - I continue to amaze myself as I grow to love this country and this semester more and more! I for one and SO happy and thankful that this last week has been full of excitement, but it'll definitely make it harder to leave!
This morning we got our Spanish grades - I got "A"s in both classes :) Very happy about that! Then I hung out with friends until I had my appointment for a pedicure! Got all polished up, and was the coldest I've ever been all semester. The air conditioning was blasting - did someone call and tell them to do this so I'd begin to be accustomed to the weather I'll soon be facing?? Relaxed back at home to prepare for the big night!
We all met up at the Central House at 5 for a final run through and to finish setting up the set! The house looked AMAZING! The staff had everything looking beautiful, brightly decorated, and they themselves were dressed so fancy!! At 7 our guests started to arrive! The staff, host families, teachers, and some different Mexican friends were all invited! There was a live band playing before to welcome people in! We had a great turn out - although it took a while for the place to fill up... We're on a Mexican schedule, can't forget that! We all started getting nervous right before the play started - but WOW it went off without a hitch! The best we've ever performed it, and we were all incredibly happy with the way things went! Val has never been so impressed in her life, and the families had the greatest time - and we provided some laughs! I think we went above and beyond Val's expectations, and we all surely had a blast putting it on! I played the mom, and at the beginning of the play I'm pregnant - my mom came up to me after and said "Emily I don't know how I missed you getting bigger these last few months...!" People got the biggest kick out of me being "pregnant" and then giving birth to my "baby" which was in fact a very odd wooden skeleton looking thing. Ahhhh seriously, we had the best time tonight!! After the play was done the despedida (farewell) party began! The band played out on the patio, while people grazed on tacos al pastor and marquesitas (both were stands that came to cater)! The staff also prepared their delicious traditional beverages of fresh lemonade, horchata, jamaica, as well as other refreshments! They even made the cutest little brownies, all decorated and adorned with a walnut - we were very fancy this evening :) I know that the staff took a lot of pride in putting this on, and they did a wonderful job! I kept going around with all sorts of energy, thanking them so much, and making sure they took time to relax and enjoy themselves too! How do you end the semester of a lifetime? Well tonight was definitely a good start to the final weekend. People just sat around conversing, lots of laughing, eating, and catching up! It was nice for the host families to chat since they don't see one another very often! After the party died down, a pretty big group of us (half Americans, half Mexicans) went to BBT's - a restaurant close to the house, for drinks and more hanging out! One of the teachers at our school (she's younger) came out with us and that was really great! We got to spend our last hours with Mexican friends, as we spoke Spanish and English interchangeably, before saying goodbyes :( I have hope of seeing some of them soon - as some will be Language Assistants at Central next year (not too far from me!!!), I begged some to visit and tempted them with Target Field and the Mall of America, and if nothing else - I want to get back here ASAP!
I continue to be amazed by my time here, thanking God for all that He has provided and allowed me to do!!! A busy next few days up ahead, I LOVE MEXICO!!!!
Pictures from tonight will be added tomorrow! Take a look at my walk from home to school that I posted earlier today!
No comments:
Post a Comment